Thursday 8 September 2011

Getting a bit chillier


Now that things are starting to get a bit chillier (hasn't Autumn snuck up quickly this year?) it's time to pack away the summer wardrobe and start thinking about winter woollies. Ok, maybe it's not quite time to crack out the hat and scarf just yet, but here at Urban Village our new season stock is coming in, and looking great! To me, the 1970s colour pallete is just perfect for this time of year. All those orangey cords and brown velvets, brightened up with lovely reds and golds, really hit the mark, as well as covering up those pasty British limbs until May rolls around again! (Or is that just me...)
Now if it's one thing we do well over here at UV, it's stylish 60s and 70's clothing, so I've pulled together a few of my favourite things coming up on our website and ebay shop in the next few weeks. I'm particularly fond of the whole New York preppy style as it is so versatile - shopping, office, pub? This is perfect for all 3.
Layers of textures and toning colours pull the whole look together - think fine knits, velvet, cord and leather with the odd silk scarf or suede shoe to finish. What's your Autumn must have? I'm on the hunt for the perfect tweedy A-line skirt to wear with thick tights and little cardigans...if you see one, let me know ;-)

Ruth Urban village.

No comments: